Sunday, 16 August 2015

Astra Militarum Astropath

Since the latest codex was released I have been meaning to try the Astropath. I think he is good for his points. Problem is, I have rarely taken Company command squads because, well, tank commanders. I also have had this model kicking around for a couple of years, but only finally got around to him. I must admit though, he was a really enjoyable model to paint.

 I kept the colour scheme quite simple, opting for the same grey/purple scheme as my primaris psykers and Wyrd vane psyker squad. I like to keep these colours for the psykers in my army.
 The very clean sheer lines of the model made the robes very enjoyable to paint. 
 All in all a fabulous model from GW. A joy to paint. I will let you know soon how he fairs on the battlefield!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the subtlety of this paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed painting mine. Really like the colours you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks excelent, the mine in comparision to yours looks terrible.
    From where are horses of your Rough Riders?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jakub. Thanks for the comments. Its a really nice model to paint. I got my horses from the old rough rider models, I simply took the fur feet off and replaced them with cadian ones, and then added a cadian torso. The horses were used by GW for every type of unarmoured horse between the mid 90's and early 2000's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely a great looking model and one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...