Saturday, 16 July 2011

Scratch Built Manticore- Painted



I was just having a look around the blog and realised I have yet to post up any finished pictures of my manticore. I am pleased with how this build went, although I do think the paint job was a little rushed so that I could be ready for q-con in time. I don't think I will have time to touch the paintwork up before Assault on Arkham, as I still have two complete hydras and a vendetta to complete for then. 

During Q-con I found the manticore a little unpredictable, however I had been using it slightly wrong as I hadn't realised that it can minus its BS from the scatter if the target is in Line of Sight. 

Despite this it did prove to be utterly devastating, and quite frequently I used it as an excellent diversion. A great unit I will definitely be keeping in the list.




 I am particularly pleased with how well these two vehicles sit side by side, as they where created using the same sort of principles.
 
Still have to update pictures of the hardened veterans, but unfortunately I left these at home in Ireland, so they may need to wait until I go back in august.

4 comments:

  1. Those are brilliant conversions - I really like 'em! Can't wait to see what's next, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I think the little radar dish was definitely a good choice to add; really helps with the feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Glad you like them. I think I will extend the chassis and build a death strike next time.

    Glad you like the radar dish too, I was quite pleased with that. It was just a little off cut of plasticard I bent between my fingers to curve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look even better in the flesh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...